Have you ever heard the word 'Python'?
If you guessed a type of snake, you are right.
But there is also another thing called 'Python' most people don't know about.
It is a programming language.
What is a programming language?
Programming language is a language for humans to command the computers.
Computers can only understand 0s and 1s and can't understand the words.
Since it is very hard for humans to use 0s and 1s as a language, we use a programming language to communicate with computers.
The command is 'compiled' into 0s and 1s.
01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100001
The number above means 'Hello World'.
Compiled means translating or making 0s and 1s :::
What can you do with Python?
- Data Management, analysis, and manipulation
- Web Development
- Machine Learning
Any many more
Where does the name 'Python' come from?
Python was developed by 'Guido van Rossum'.
He is a Dutch computer scientist and best known as the creator of the Python programming language.
He was thinking of a new name for his programming language, and he decided to use the name 'Python'.
It happens he was watching a show by 'Monty Python'.
What would you have chosen for a newly developed language that will change the world?
The advantages of Python
- Easy to learn (Everybody can learn it no matter their background and age)
- Used in wide range of applications (Web, Hacking, Data Science, etc.)
- Easy to extend (You can add new features to your own programs)
- Simple (The syntax and code is very very simple and people who don't know programmming might understand the code)